Choose a Doctor Who is Trained in Diagnosing and Treating Sleep & Attention Disorders
Dr. Bart Sangal loves working with patients. He finds solutions for their sleep and attention disorders. Not all doctors specialize in this type of medicine. Dr. Sangal has the experience and education to help you. He has been treating patients with sleep and attention disorders for more than 30 years.
Dr. Sangal trained at Johns Hopkins in Baltimore, MD. He is board certified in Sleep Medicine. He is also board certified in Clinical Neurophysiology. These certifications are by the American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology. He earned the highest score in the nation on the American Board of Sleep Medicine examinations. He is a Fellow of the American Academy of Sleep Medicine (AASM). He has hospital privileges at Beaumont Hospitals in Troy and Royal Oak, Mich.
Dr. Sangal Has Been Practicing Sleep Medicine for More than 30 Years
Dr. Sangal started practicing in Michigan’s Warren-Troy-Farmington Hills metro area in 1983. Three years later he started the Sleep Disorders Institute. The Attention Disorders Institute opened in 1992. Dr. Sangal combined both in 2013. This resulted in the Sleep and Attention Disorders Institute.
Dr. Sangal’s Sleep & Attention Disorders Institute was accredited by the AASM in 1987. It is the oldest continuously accredited sleep disorders center in Michigan’s Oakland/ Macomb counties. Patients from the entire Greater Detroit Metro area come to the Institute in Sterling Heights to see Dr. Sangal. In Oakland County, this includes Southfield, Pontiac, Royal Oak and Bloomfield Township. In Macomb County, this includes Clinton Township, Macomb Township, St. Clair Shores and Roseville.
Dr. Sangal’s Additional Professional Accomplishments:
- He is a professor at Oakland Beaumont Medical School.
- He has authored many scientific papers in peer-reviewed journals. In fact, Dr. Sangal has written papers on the use of the EEG in Attention Deficit (ADD/ADHD). EEG brain mapping confirms the diagnosis of Attention Deficit (ADD/ADHD). It predicts which medicine will work best for each patient.
- He is an editor of Clinical EEG and Neuroscience. He is a reviewer for many other journals.
- He was chair of the AASM Health Policy Committee.
- He served on the AASM board.
- He received the AASM’s Public Policy Award.
- He was twice president of Michigan Academy of Sleep Medicine.
- He served on the Oakland County Medical Society board.
- He is active in clinical research.
- Dr. Sangal is married with two adult children. His wife, JoAnne M. Sangal, Ph.D., assists him with his continued research. They have written several papers together. They live in Bloomfield Township, Mich.
Want to know more about Dr. Sangal? Read his CV here. Look at his publications and selected presentations here. View his research protocols here.
Get a Good Night’s Sleep. Feel Refreshed and Attentive. Call Dr. R Bart Sangal Today. He has been helping people in Sterling Heights, Clinton, Warren, Grand Rapids, Detroit, Lansing, and throughout Michigan
There’s almost nothing worse than being unable to get a good night’s sleep. It is awful to feel sleepy or inattentive during your busy school or work day. If there is a medical reason for your sleep disorder or attention disorder, Dr. Sangal will diagnose it. He will treat it successfully. He has helped many adults and children for more than 30 years. His patients love him. He can help you, too.